Monday, June 7, 2010

The List

The List is what keeps me on track... I write everything I need to do on The List. I am trying to spend some time updating The List with June tasks, work, appointments, and ideas. In reviewing this, I discovered that no where on The List does it say:
~Manage the children on my own for the month of June (Curtis is out of town as is my mother most of this week, then Jenny is gone at the end of the month)
~Not have enough money to accompany Jenny to Corpus Christi this week for Freshman Orientation (so Curtis will be going while I stay behind with the kids)
~Go slowly insane while waiting on the transition from Lexapro to Luvox to take effect with Anna's obsessions and perseverations
~Have Anna get up at 10:30 p.m. every.single.night and interrupt my only work time/alone time for the day

I started a post about Jenny's graduation over a week ago and still haven't finished it. I haven't even edited photos from that day yet. I've missed so many Wayback Wednesdays and Thoughtful Thursdays, and I have many ideas for these posts to share. Creative ideas and projects are spilling out of my head like never before so I'm writing them all on The List. Hopefully, I'll be able to address them at some point.

A week into the summer and I already am painfully aware of how dependent I have made my children on me. I have my work cut out for me getting them to be more independent. Anna won't play with Dominic, the neighborhood kids won't play with my kids, so they both turn to me for entertainment. I know there will come a day when they prefer to spend their time with others, but the 24/7 nature of this summer overwhelms me.

So! I am committing to at least get a post finished about Jenny's graduation complete with pictures this week. One thing at a time, right? Thanks for reading. I really miss everyone!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...