Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Day

We actually had snow here yesterday. It was almost magical. Huge, heavy flakes drifting down plopping on your skin as if to say, "Hey, wanna play?" Everyone was outside. Anna and I went out after lunch and attempted to build a snowman. Upon putting the head on top, it promptly fell over. I couldn't wait for Dominic to get out of school so we could all play together. I made Anna wait to do too much so that we wouldn't use up all the snow in the yard.

After coming back in, Anna and I laid down. I was up at 4 am yesterday and Anna was up at 5. She was under for almost 2 hours for the procedures and was still tired and wobbly after getting home. We slept and slept and slept. I woke up 2.5 hours later and Anna slept 4 hours. Daddy had already picked up Dominic from school and they were home (Anna and I are still staying at my mom's), so I called him to say that Anna was still asleep and they should go on outside.

We never did get our family romp in the snow but Jenny went out with Dominic and Daddy and took a few pictures. I also got some pictures earlier in the day when it was really coming down. By the time Anna got up, most of the snow was already melting, there wasn't much left, and everyone had headed in.

It was nice while it lasted.

I realized with much sadness late last night that an entire day had gone by and I hadn't seen my son. It makes me teary-eyed even thinking about it now. My mom kept Dominic for us Monday night and took him to school yesterday morning, then Curtis picked him up from school and kept him overnight. Anna was fragile yesterday so that is what she needed. But my mommy heart broke a little with that realization. I crept over to Curtis's about 9:30 last night, spied on my sleeping son, and kissed his fingertips.



















1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous!! I love Dominic with his sunglasses askew. He looks darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...